Tuesday, July 2, 2013

You'll Like Linton

We rode a mere 45 miles to Linton, Indiana today. It's city motto really is "You'll like Linton." And I did like Linton. We got a ton of gift cards from stores here today and some free fireworks too. Three riders went into what they thought was a pizza shop and came out with some fireworks! 
Don't worry I will not be launching them, but it is strange to see them being sold in so many places since they are illegal in New York. The ride itself was pretty flat and easy. There was some pretty green scenery.
I rode with Rachel, Hannah, and Lydia today. We tried to beat some of the boys, but they had this wicked fast alumni rider with them. Their pace was just a bit too quick for us, and we made it to the host by 11:30 AM anyway!
I spent the rest of the day relaxing, and there was a sweet movie theatre in the church that we did affordable housing presentations with. I presented mine, and it went pretty well. I continue to learn more about affordable housing everyday! We also went to an amazing pizza place for dinner. The waitresses were great. I appreciate all that people on this trip have given to us. There were also more games of knock out today. One day I shall win.

Well 90 miles into Illinois tomorrow. These states keep passing by too quickly!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment