Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Estes Park is Amazing

Yesterday I was superbly tired from climbing a mountain toward Estes Park, so I'll catch you up with the momentous day today. We had a very steep 2 miles climb with switch backs that were painful to bike up.
The morning was pretty easy. Nic, Rachel, Mark, and I rode together. It was peaceful riding toward the hills. It was surreal to actually be in the mountains. I got a picture at the top of the summit.
Climbing to 8000 feet was pretty incredible. After the ride Nic, Yudi, Rachel, Vant, and I decided to go for a hike in Estes Park. We took a shuttle to Bear Lake. The shuttles took forever, but I was worth it. We hiked toward Emerald Lake.
As you can tell Colorado is amazing, and I want to stay here forever. After the hike we got some delicious pizza and finally went back to the host! It was a full day if activities. My next post I will discuss my day in the Rockies!

-Sarah


1 comment: