Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Best Day Ever

After our awesome headwind yesterday, we rode Ina lot of tailwind today. I rode with Hannah, Vant, and Eric. We seriously cruised during the morning. Averaging 18.5 miles per hour was pretty impressive. Unfortunately Hannah got two flats on the same time, but we made it through. We stopped in Kansas City, and it was beautiful. It's funny that Kansas City is in Missouri though.
We ate a chipotle for lunch, and I was pretty stoked to eat a burrito. I felt great all day!
After lunch there was an 18 mile stretch of rolling hills where I was biking at 24 mph at one point with no effort. I knew I liked Kansas immediately. I felt so much peace in just pedaling on open roads. There was a wonderful surprise when we got to the host! We are staying at a hotel for two nights. 
This is the view outside my window. Needless to say, I love Lawrence, Kansas so far. We went to dinner at a Pizza place and met with the construction director and executive director of the Habitat for Humanity of Lawrence. I really enjoyed talking to them, and I am so excited to work with them tomorrow.

I don't know about Dorothy, but I love Kansas so far!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment