Thursday, July 11, 2013

Putting Up Some Trim

This morning we had our first build day with Lawrence Habitat for Humanity. Lydia and I worked on the trim of the back window of the home. The neighborhood was all Habitat homes. I really like that because it seems like more of a community than when there is just one Habitat home on a street. I got to use a nail gun. It was awesome.
We did a lot of measuring and sawing also. I realized how important it is to be precise with measurement. I took a picture of our magnificent results.
Yep, that trim is fancy. At the end of the build day, Hannah, Lydia, Jason, and I struck a pose for fun. 
We were pretending to be Charlie's Angels. The afternoon was super got, so I was glad to be done by 2 pm. After the build I walked around the town and got some awesome new hot pink handlebar tape. Then we went to dinner at an a great burger place. Lawrence really has that college town feel. I'm excited to have another build day here tomorrow!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment