Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July in Springfield

I had an awesome 4th of July yesterday. Although the church we stayed at in Effingham had some sewage problems, they were outweighed by how awesome our morning meeting was. Our route leader Vant said the speech from Independence Day, and then fireworks were launched! It was a pretty America n morning. We sang the National Anthem too!
The ride itself was pretty good too. I was lethargic in the morning,but I picked up the energy in the afternoon! The last 20 miles of our 90 mile ride flew by, and we arrived at the church with a slew of people. I got saluted by a little boy as I rode by.

After hotdogs and hose showers, our group went to see some fireworks. It was awesome being right by the capital. Obviously we dressed for the occasion.
It was one of my favorite 4th of Julys. We launched some more fireworks once we got back to the church. Some brave souls lit them. I did some sparklers. 

Conclusion: I love Amurrica and P2C

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment