Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Last 15 Miles Are Sometimes the Best

This morning I awoke to Johnny's voice on the ice rink loudspeaker. It was majestic. Then we went outside and saw a hot air balloon in the sky! I knew that it was bound to be a great day.
I rode with Johnny, Hannah, Brian, Nic, and Doug. We called ourselves Team Bean because we spent about an hour in the local coffee shop this morning. We sped through the first twenty miles, and it was beautiful.
There were a couple of intense climbs, but we made it through. We posed with an elk statue also.
After lunch there was an intense uphill to Cerro Summit. It wasn't as bad as our other climbs, but it was still tough. The last 15 miles of the ride were amazing though. It was all downhill, and I rode furiously into the city of Montrose! I finally got a derailleur, and we had some good sloppy joes for dinner. 

I can't wait to build tomorrow!

-Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment