Friday, July 12, 2013

Painting All Day

I was ready for a different job this morning at the work site. I decided to join the caulking team. We had to fill in all of the holes so everything was sealed.
It ended up being pretty messy. After that  task was achieved, I began priming. When you prime you just put a layer of white paint on the building. I really got intense with the roller.
The construction manager John also talked to us about the style of Habitat homes that they do. The house we were working on actually included a storm shelter room which is pretty unique. After lunch I started painting the house grey, and the sun was really beaming down on us, but we managed to do a lot. 
Once again Jason, Hannah, Lydia, and I got together for a picture during a brief break. Overall the build day was pretty fantastic. I'm really glad we were able to build with Lawrence Habitat for Humanity because they are so well run, and they treated us so well!

Back on the saddle tomorrow!

-Sarah

1 comment: