Friday, July 5, 2013

Diggin' Holes

In Springfield today we went to a build site, and we were put to work right away. Thanks to our host for the most majestic French toast ever, I was rarin' to go. Our mission for the day was to lay some foundation for the house and to also build a shed. 
We ended up digging some holes. We kept referring to the book holes, and I called myself Stanley Yelnats from the story. Unfortunately there was no treasure to be found. We just kept digging and scooping up dirt. I felt like a child just scooping it up with my hands. After I was done I posed in my hole.
I also started taking videos to document some of the work that we have done because I would like to compile a video of some sort at the end of the summer! People also made some great progress on a shed.

Before:

After:
The cement truck also came to fill the holes in, and there was a lot of struggle because cement is so heavy! Eventually the job was completed though. 
We worked a long day, but everybody put forth their best effort to get the job done. The homeowners and their five kids also came to help out! I could definitely tell that they were excited to have a house to call their own.

Back to riding tomorrow!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment