Sunday, June 23, 2013

West Virginia and Waterslides

This morning I was extremely tired, but I hopped on my bike and headed to Weston, VA. There were a couple miles of gravel trail, but fortunately it turned to paved road eventually. There were also a lot of hills. That seems to be the trend in West Virginia. There was also a huge pack of dogs in one yard that I rode past. I pedaled furiously up a hill because I was terrified of them. Before lunch Lydia, Rachel, Johnny, and a few others took a short break at a gas station. I bought some Twizzlers because I was feeling the need for sugar.
About ten more miles down the road we stopped for lunch, and after munching on some good food I finally felt like I was waking up. Jason, Lydia, Rachel, and I stopped at a watering hole for a swim shortly after lunch because we wanted to relax a bit.
During the afternoon the rise was spectacular. There were a lot of rolling hills, and I think I've finally started to appreciate West Virginia.
Upon reaching the host, we found out that we would be takin showers at a swimming pool. There was an awesome waterside, and I felt like a kid again as I slid down it.
For dinner we were coked some fantastic Mexican food, and now I'm feeling powered up for my 85 mile day tomorrow into Ohio!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment