Thursday, June 27, 2013

Shingling All Day Long

In Huntington today we worked on shingling a whole house! I volunteered to work on the roof because I wanted to be outside. I was a little bit scared when I climbed the ladder, but I made it to the top!
I spent the day lining up shingles and nailing them into the roof. It was amazing to see the transformation. A house starts to actually look house like once there is a roof on it.
It actually wasn't too hot out which was nice. There were about 15 of us in the roof working together to complete the task at hand. The woman who will own the house stopped by to say hi to us too. I was really proud of the work that we completed today. I came back and ate some frozen yogurt because I was famished! It was excellent.
The group went over pace lines to tonight. We learned how to draft off each other safely. I don't know how often I will be a part of a pace line, but they're really helpful when trying to conserve energy. Brian also wore an awesome summertime hat to demonstrate the pace line. Tomorrow is our longest day. We will be riding 116 miles! I'm getting up at  5 AM, but I'm pretty stoked because I've never ridden over 100 miles at one time. This time tomorrow I will be in Kentucky!

-Sarah

P.S. The entry before this about Cumberland is from a few days ago. I thought it had been published, and it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment