Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hiking and Biking

So our journey to Parsons, WV was very interesting. The first forty miles of our ride were wonderful. Rachel, Brian, Mark, and I had a great time. We had a great view of the mountains too.
Mark got a flat at one point, and I found a hibiscus flower so I modeled with it.
After a hearty lunch I found a kitten as I was biking down the road. So obviously I had to save him from oncoming traffic. He was tiny little thing, and we gave him a lot of water
Today was extremely tough. I biked up a mountain that seemed like it was never going to end, and it was hot. I realize how important hydration is now. Speaking of hydration though, we actually found a sweet watering hole after 60 miles of riding!
Needless to say it was thrilling. Then came the hard part of our bike ride. We had to bike along some gravel trail traversed through some rough terrain. But I stuck through it though, and I'm glad I did. Dinner was fantastic and people provided us with showers in their homes today! This is definitely a memorable ride. 

I love P2C so much. I have the greatest group ever!

-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. YEAAAHHHH SARAH! this is awesome! im glad you saved the kitten:) and that everyone in your group is GREAT! have fun and keep eating the ice cream so you can tell me where the best ice cream place is!!!

    ReplyDelete