Friday, June 7, 2013

Rainy Days


Oh man. First six am wake up call. We went to this awesome diner called Louis' for breakfast, and I got some awesome banana pancakes. I drank a lot of coffee too, but I fear I'll be going through caffeine withdrawal soon. 
     Today we mostly went over safety stuff about cycling, and let me tell you there is a lot to know. I practiced changing a flat tire and was successful.  Here's a picture of our bikes all on the stage:
Yeah. There are a whole lot of bikes. Then we took those babies outside in the rain and practiced some drills. It was intense. But it was all worth it because we ended up biking 20 miles around Providence. The city biking was intimidating at first, but the bike path along the bay was fantastic.
We had a nice photo in the rain. A waterproof cell phone case was a great investment. We may have gotten slightly lost on the way back, but nobody in my group got a flat. Later after showering at Brown university (Yes Ivy League schools do have beautiful facilities.). 
  Then off we went to dinner, and it was scrumptious. The hosts were awesome. We ended up in a food coma on the couch.
Man! What a day! More group bonding, and then tomorrow we shall build. 

Sayonara

No comments:

Post a Comment