Saturday, June 29, 2013

Riding Fast to Louisville

After our big 116 mile day yesterday, I woke up at 6 AM, but it was a struggle. Riding another 86 miles the day after a century ride seemed daunting. Our host didn't provide us coffee this morning either. After stopping at a gas station Doug, Eric, and I hauled our way trough the first 40 miles. At one point we were averaging 16.9 MPH!  You can see the excitement on my face.
I really liked riding with Eric and Doug because we worked as a good group together. Once we got to lunch I was feeling pretty fatigued. I had just ascended a large hill to reach the food. A dog decided to hang out in our trailer at lunch. Good Old Petals.
In the afternoon I rode with Rachel, Roje, Matt, and Jason. We rode on some really pretty roads, and I sang to myself a lot. Once we got to mile 60 I was ready for a break though.
The last 20 miles had some traffic, but we worked as a group to communicate when cars were coming. We also dominate the lane if there are two lanes. I like riding with people that I can trust and I am comfortable with. 

The church we are in is amazing as usual. I'm currently sitting on a sofa and watching Friends. It's lovely to relax! I'm excited to explore Louisville tomorrow.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment