Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Painting Tables

Today several members of Bike & Build including me went to a house called the Renewal House. Homeless people over the age of 58 can live in the house for anywhere from 3 months to 2 years. The house helps people get back on their feet. Brian, Mark, and I retained some benches and picnic tables and did some other tasks. 
I actually really enjoy painting. It was quite relaxing after our long day yesterday. Our awesome host named Mark also brought his 1973 Mustang to the house. We got to sit in it. Needless to say it was he highlight of my day.
Later our group was invited to the Danbury Westerners game where we ate and enjoyed mingling with the locals at the baseball game.  There was tabbouleh at dinner. I love tabbouleh.
We got a picture with the mascot too.  Danbury has 81,000 people, but it really has a small town feel. There was also a lot of singing and dancing by the group as usual. So much jamming to the Lizzie McGuire soundtrack!

75 miles tomorrow!
I'm ready for sleep

-Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I definitely did not give you that soundtrack to listen to. So much disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird my google account is set to the wrong timezone or something...ad 3 hours to whatever I post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my old roomate missi is from danbury!

    ReplyDelete