Monday, June 24, 2013

Hola Ohio

The group had to wake up at 5:30 this morning to get on the road early for our 80 mile day. Dexter, Rachel, and I cruised through the first 41 miles. We also kept an eye out for each other because there were a lot of trucks on the road today! Right before the Ohio border we met up with a fellow rider's parents who were riding a tandem! They beat all of the other riders into Marietta today. I've decided that some day I will ride a tandem.

Rachel and I posed with the giant Ohio welcome sign. I really felt as if I was entering some grand new land. I need a break from West Virginia. Plus Ohio is flat, and I took a break from riding so I could embrace the beauty of the Ohio River.
After riding in the sweltering heat, it was great to have a nice shower at the YMCA. I had a fantastic dinner and managed to fit in some ice cream afterward. 
Hannah and I posed as angry choir girls after dinner. I was feeling goofy after a long day of riding! Another 80 mile day tomorrow. I'm ready to conquer it!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment