Tuesday, June 18, 2013

An Ode to Harrisburg

This morning we awoke at approximately six am for breakfast at a diner. I had some delicious pancakes, eggs, and bacon. It sparked my energy for the build day. At the build site I began with cleaning some counters at this massive restore. At a restore people donate their appliances and furniture. Habitat refurbishes them and uses the equipment in homes.
I also put some outlet covers back on many outlets. Other people were painting, and my friends Michelle and Hannah may have had a bit of a paint war!
After lunch several of us girls went to a summer program for kids to paint rain barrels. I really enjoy working with kids. It was good working with city kids. I noticed how much the older kids looked out for the younger ones. We played some knockout with basketballs too!

 The man running the program really appreciated our help. He talked about how he was a teacher for 28 years and that we should like what we choose to do with our lives. Working with Harrisburg Habitat for Humanity was fantastic. I have 8 ride days ahead of me. I've gotta rest up tonight!

-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. you go sarah! Keep up the good work and ridin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SARAH THIS IS FANTASTIC! love you kitten:)

    ReplyDelete