Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Road to Schuylkill Haven

Today was a pretty relaxing ride. We rose along mostly country roads, and it was wonderful to ride with little traffic around. Parents of a rider from last year met up with our group for lunch and cheered us on. I'm constantly amazed at how kind people are to us this trip. The parents took a picture of the people I rode with today.
There was one large hill, but we were able to conquer it. It also helped that we went for a spontaneous swim in a lake for a break from constant riding. After lunch, Rachel and I pedaled against the wind. We kept a good pace, and I felt great.
After the ride, we had dinner but then found out there were no showers. Out came the hose and the slip 'n' slide. We put some soap on it, and it was super fun. Then we did some showering in rotation with a hose. It was pretty hilarious. I love that I've become close to my fellow riders so quickly. Off to Harrisburg tomorrow!

-Sarah

P.S. Our host also donated to Bike & Build today!

No comments:

Post a Comment