Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mountains and Pool Basketball

I had a fantastic day riding to Hancock, MD. Michelle, Hannah, and I had a good morning riding together. We even took a break to do some modeling on the side of the road.
Unfortunately I got a flat tire, but I repaired it and was ready to go in no time! Riding along the Pennsylvania hills was peaceful, but then we had to ascend this mountain to reach lunch. Such torture! I pedaled furiously to reach the top as fat as possible. I have a hate love relationship with riding up hills. It's both punishing and rewarding. Once I reached the top I jut laid down for a little while.
After lunch I rode with Nick and Eric. They are super fast, and I worked hard to keep up with them. I definitely can tell that my legs are stronger though. There were more hills on the road to Maryland. The boys and I met up with more people ahead of us, and we headed into Maryland together. Once we reached the host we got ice cream at a gas station because the only ice cream place in town had burned down. After dinner our host reserved a pool for us to swim in.
It was basically the best treat a host has ever given us in my opinion. I played some intense pool basketball. I love swimming, and I love basketball. An alumni of B&B also stopped by to talk to us and have us super awesome homemade granola. She thinks our route is the best! I can't wait to keep trekkin' across the USA!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment