Saturday, June 15, 2013

Demolishing Things

IToday we had a build day in Stroudsburg Pennsylvania. We demolished much of the interior of a former restaurant so that it can be slowly transformed into a Foo Pantry. I wore a hard hat and glasses to protect myself!
I carried a lot of drywall and siding to a dumpster. The dumpster actually started out empty but was filled by the end of the day! I think I may have ingested a cup of dirt though. Man was it dusty. Overall our group did some good work on the Food pantry. I definitely noticed the power of people working together. 

After building we had dinner at a park with the Monroe Habitat for Humanity Group we worked with today. We played some ladder all and ate meatball subs. 

Today we also had out family meeting to discuss the highs and lows of our trip so far. I honestly just love being with a new group friends day in and day out. I can't wait to continue riding and building with them for the rest of the summer!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment