Friday, June 28, 2013

116 Miles in Kentucky

I rode over 100 miles today. 116 to be exact! After 9 miles of riding, Rachel and I entered Kentucky.
Kentucky definitely does have an unbridled spirit. I rode super fast today because the guys kept asking me to join pace lines. While leading the group I would keep the pace and then drop back and draft once I got tired. I pace lined with Nic and Vant and then with Matt, Doug, Eric, and Mark. This made the first 80 miles go by pretty fast. I thumbs upped the camera when I got to the second lunch.
The last 36 miles were pretty tough because I was fatigued, but the beauty of. The surrounding area was astounding and kept me going.
The rolling hills were fun to descend, and I took my time for those last miles. We arrived to the YMCA and ate some Little Ceasers' pizza, played some basketball, and got to swim in the pool! It was an awesome end to the day. We still have a couple of other 100 mile days this summer, but now I feel ready for them!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment