Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back to West Virginia

We had to ride 75 miles from Wellston, OH into Huntington, WV today. Our group has ridden more than 500 miles in the last 8 days. Needless to say, it's great that we have a build day tomorrow to rest our legs from riding. Building is still tiring but in a different way. It really depends on the task that the work supervisor gives us. I felt like being silly (but still safe of course) while riding today so Vant and I both wore our "fun shades.l
As you can tell, we both look really good. Today was a good ride because ok was cool during the morning, and the terrain was mostly flat. Rachel and I took our time riding in the morning, and then Vant and I sped through the ride during the afternoon. Once I was done riding 75 miles it was time for push ups.
I have been doing push-ups for every miles that we ride. I was actually really terrible at push-ups when I started, but now in feeling strong! The church we are staying at is super nice and has a ping ping table. I'm a little rusty, but I love playing. There are also indoor streetlight a in the church.
There were also showers at the church! It's nice to not have to shuttle to the YMCA.  I'm looking forward to spending 2 nights in Huntington!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment