Sunday, June 9, 2013

Bon Voyage!

Today we dipped our tires into the Atlantic Ocean in Providence. My parents took some awesome pictures. It was a bit surreal to actually be beginning the journey.
I took off for Plainfield, Connecticut but unfortunately got a flat right away. My teammates quickly helped me hangs it though. My friend Rachel and I posed on a bridge on our ride through a bike trail.
We got a lost a few times because of bike trail closures, and we encountered very high hills. I was cruisin downhill at more than 30 mph!  We rode 38 miles today, and this was followed by 38 push ups and 38 dips. Dedication. I know.  We had a delicious dinner made by people of the church we are staying at.
I'm also trying to go to an ice cream stand in each state. I hit up a Rhode Island one en route to Connecticut.  My chore group had to do laundry tonight. It was quite an endeavor. Off to Danbury tomorrow! 

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment