Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chambersburg and Carnivals

I've been accustomed to riding on so many hills that I forgot how lovely riding a bike on flat land is. We rode 27 miles by 11 AM!  We had lunch in Amish country, and I saw people on a horse and buggy. The children in the carriage waved to us.
After lunch, Hannah, Michelle, and I took off as a team to conquer the last half of our journey. Unfortunately she got two flats so we hung out for while and waited for the van to being us another tire. We also formed a human chain during lunch. It was relaxing.
After Hannah's bike was repaired, the rest of the ride flew by. We admired the Pennsylvania country roads as we biked along Route 11. We are staying at a food pantry type place tonight. It's really nice, and they made us great stew. After dinner we went to a carnival. I rode on The Zipper. It was terrifying because it was old and tipped all upside down and such. 
I ate some cotton candy and some fried dough too. It was a solid carnival in then Pennsylvania country! I'm feeling great and am ready for more riding of my bike tomorrow!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment