Thursday, June 27, 2013

And I Thought I Was Done With Mountains

Riding to Cumberland was a hillier 42 miles than I has anticipated. Rachel and I fought up the first eight miles of hills, and it was amazing at the top.
Soon after we hit more hills, but at that point my legs began to wake up. Maryland has very scenic areas. We saw a point along a highway that had an American Flag on the top of a cliff. Of course we climbed it, and several other members of our group did too.
I had a quick lunch in the town of Flintstone, and I also frolicked in a field. Soon after, me. Rachel, Roje, Dexter, and Nick climbed he highest hill ever. It went on for ages,and the amount of sweat on my body was repulsive. Again we had an amazing view at the top.
The descent from the hill was scary though. I had to grip my brakes a bit at parts. Once we got to Cumberland we were met with amazing hospitality. The town manager gave us coupons for free ice cream! I'm getting pumped for my 80 mile day tomorrow. I hope my legs are ready!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment