Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Road to Green River

Yesterday I was part of honorary sweep with Hannah and Doug. I had to get my bike fixed so I had to stick around Moab for awhile. Then the other Sarah's tire was broken so we stayed in Moab even longer. Chile Pepper Bike Shop was awesome, and they really helped me out. For the first 15 miles of the ride there was a fantastic bike path.

It was crazy because it was cut through the canyon. I'm still in awe of the terrain that I have been riding through, but man it is hot! When we finally got to lunch there was a car from the movie Cars. I though it was pretty cool.

The second half of the ride was all downhill. Hannah and I spent a lot of time singing. Doug got a flat so we had a dance party and photo shoot.
We rode into Green River, and soon after we had a great Mexican dinner. The group is working with Epicenter. It's a company that focuses on affordable housing and arts and culture revitalization. I'm stoked to be working with them. They're really treating to make a positive impact in a town of 952 people!

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment