Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Best Nine: Day 5: Ely, Nevada

I had a great start to my ride today with Hannah and Mark. There were a lot of climbs and a lot of headwind. There were also windmills which makes sense.
I hit 45 mph on my bike today. There was a long straightaway of open road, and it was fantastic. I don't think I want to go much faster than that though! The wind really made it difficult. I trekked to lunch, and it was a long and tedious climb. Once I got there, I let my inner cowboy come out.

In the Wild West sometimes you just gotta be wild. I took a nap at lunch because it was just a 64 mile day. I took off afterward with Doug, Nick, and Brian. Doug and I stormed up the 9 me climb together. The descent was pretty awesome. We ended up pace lining to a sweet lake.
Apparently there are lakes in Nevada. I never knew. And mountains, more mountains than I would like to climb, but I conquer them regardless! We are staying at a Shoshone recreation center tonight. 

Shh Shoshone

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment