Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Climb and the Descent

We woke up this morning, and it was pretty chilly out. Vant, Brian, Amanda, and I had a lazy morning and stuck around town until it warmed up a bit. The first forty miles of the ride were seriously all uphill. We went up to about 8000 feet.
This was on top of one of the passes. Our lunch spot was also pretty scenic too. The Sierra Nevadas are tough but a wonderful mountain range.
After getting some grub, the afternoon was a breeze. We descended to about 1600 feet! I haven't been this low in ages!   Forty miles goes by a lot more quickly when it's all downhill!  I noticed how the conifers I sped by gradually shifted to light seeking plants. It also got super hot out!
In Sutter Creek we actually walked by some plants growing grapes. The town was pretty nice and had an Old Tyme feel. I found a track and ran a mile also.
I've always wanted to go for a run in California. Sunshine and running. They just seem to go together wonderfully. I can't wait to go to Stockton tomorrow because we will be building there!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment