Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Best Nine: Day 8: Fallon, Nevada




We woke up this morning at 4:30 AM. It was 48 degrees, and there was a rather large struggle to get our of my sleeping bag. To warm up before the ride, I got some coffee at a local cafe. Then Vant , Anna, and I took off together. It was still chilly, but we cruised through the beginning of the ride successfully. I was honorary sweep at first, but then Anna wasn't feeling well so I took over with Vant. I was pretty excited to be in the desert and sweeping.
From first lunch to second lunch, Vant and I rode at a steady pace. We caught up to Annamaria and Amanda and rode with them until second lunch at mile 90!
I did a nice over the shoulder shot of my peers. I thought it was pretty cool. I also thought we were stranded in the desert. I almost got blown over by a little sand storm at one point. I also saw actually sand dunes!
The last twenty miles slowly crept by, but the four of us made the most of it by having some good conversation. We finally had host dinner tonight, and it was fantastic. It was very much needed after a 110 mile day!

Last day of Best Nine tomorrow!

-Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment