Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Best Nine: Day 1: Capital Reef National Park

106 miles. Today I rode 106 miles. The first 74 miles flew by. Hannah, Mark, Lydia, Matt, and I rode together for most of the ride. Eric and Jason joined our crew towards the end of the ride. We saw some great sites in the morning.
We woke up at 5 in the morning, but I was feeling pretty amped for our first ride of the Best Nine. The Best Nine involves 9 straight days of riding,mostly through Nevada. We'll be riding more than 800 miles during this timespan. We're also camping out most of the nights, and we dot have many hosts. So it's really important that we work as a team during this week. I think we can do it though.

I'm still amazed by the land. It really is like viewing a painting. Second lunch was awesome because there was a swimming pool to jump into! After that lunch our ride became tough. There was wind and climbs. Entering Capital Reef National Park was great, but it was a tough last 20 miles!
We stopped at a Subway for some water, and the workers ended up giving me, Lydia, Mark, Hannah, and Jason free subs! It was a blessing because we were so famished. The campsite is pretty nice. I'm definitely stoked to get some good sleep tonight.

8 left of the best 9!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment