Saturday, August 3, 2013

Early Rise and Slip N Slide

This morning the group work up at 6 AM for the build day. It was an early start because had to work on shingling a roof before the heat became too intense. There was a dog at the home, and I instantly fell in love with him.
Brian, Doug, Vant, and I were the dump crew for the morning. We carried all of the old shingles to the dumpster. It was a beautiful morning, and we were pretty productive.
At lunch I had a delicious sub, and then there was good news. They needed some volunteers to help out with the Boys & Girls Club for a water fun day during the afternoon. I'm all about children and water. Dexter, Lydia, Michelle, and I were stoked to be helping out in the community. There was a slip and slide and water balloons! We played a bunch of relay races with the kids. 
There were a good amount of kids for the low population of the area. I've  been sleeping on bunk beds the past two nights, and they are super comfy. 

100 miles of riding tomorrow and camping!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment