Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Flashing and Staple Guns

I was really excited to have a build day today. It was a nice break from biking, and I had fun throughout the day. First we were given some gloves at the worksite, and they were very stylish so a couple of us modeled them.
Hannah, Mark, Vant, and I were the flasher group which meant we had to install some flashing where the windows would be put in. This required a lot of measuring and the use of a staple gun. Eventually some strong guys installed the windows, and it really made the house look more like an actual house!
During the afternoon Nic, Jason, Dexter, Nick, and I worked on wrapping the house. I had a really good time with the staple gun. I had to make sure the wrap was right and flush to the walls. Jason and I also did some modeling but unfortunately without Hannah and Lydia.
We definitely look intense with our powerful tools. I was impressed with how  much progress we had made on the home. Our group also met a homeowner of another Habitat home. The owner has four kids and plans on going to pharmacy school. She was originally from Cameroon, and her husband has his Phd in GIS. I'm happy that Habitat allows people to receive an education because house payments are low. 

I've enjoyed Sparks, but I am ready to ride to Lake Tahoe tomorrow! California here we come!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment