Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Best 9:Day 2: Otter Creek State Park

Today we took our time before departing the campsite. Brian, Doug, Vant, Nic, and I drank some hot beverages in preparation for our 62 mile day. With the caffeine in my bloodstream I was ready to roll. At first it was really cold, but I warmed up quickly. We pace lined through the wind for the first 10 miles and saw some buffalo! There ended up being a lot of climbing, but we worked together to reach the summit around mile 25!
We descended for the next 6 miles, and finally we reached lunch! I took a nice nap because it was a tiring 62 mile ride, and I decided I needed some time to relax. For the last half of the ride I rode with Vant, and Matt. Matt was sweep so he had to hang back other riders about 10 miles from our destination. We pushed each other through the wind, but arriving at Otter Creek was delightful. The area is so beautiful. Rachel and I did some core and push-ups together.

It's amazing how varied the land of Utah is. I went swimming in the lake, and it felt fantastic.
It's a perfect summer night for a campfire and s'mores. 

Another century tomorrow! 

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment