Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Best Nine: Day 3: Milford, Utah

Team Lounge reunited this morning at the campsite diner. I ate the Fisherman's Special which was delicious. Sometimes you just have to take the morning before a 102 mile day easy.
Team Lounge took down the first ten miles in record time. Then there were hills and headwind. Doug pulled us along for a good 10 miles, and upon arriving to lunch we noticed the big climb ahead. It was a struggle even after a good peanut butter sandwich. After catching my breath I got in the zone. Vant and I zoomed down the hill and caught up with some of Team Lounge. Eventually it was just me, Nic, and Vant conquering the land.
We rode with Mark and Matt for a few miles, but I was feeling great so we kept moving on. Once we got to Milford, Nic, Vant, Mark, and I got some Mexican food. I just love chips and salsa and tacos.

Tonight we're actually staying in a hotel. It's only a few rooms, but It's a nice break from camping.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment