Wednesday, August 21, 2013

On the Ocean

Yesterday was our last ride. It was just a 30 mile ride, but there was one coastal mountain we had to climb. During the morning we sang songs and did chants. Nick and I were on sweep so we were the last ones to the restaurant where we all met before riding to the beach as one large family. 
It was incredible. Wet hugs were shared. I have biked more than 4000 miles this summer. I have made new best friends. I have climbed mountains. I have seen the beauty of this country. I can't believe it's been 76 days since this journey began. I'm sad that it is ending, but I'm going to treasure each and every memory I have of P2C.
At the beach the parents greeted us with whoops and hollers. We dipped our front tire into the water to signify that our bikes made it from ocean to ocean. We sprayed each other with champagne. We sang. We laughed. We danced.
We started from Rhode Island, and now we're here. Half Moon Bay, CA. 

I love you P2C.

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment