Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Red Rock for Days

Today was another shift in scenery. I rode with Hannah, Mark, and Nic. We breezed through the first 20 miles of our ride, and the canyon was beautiful.
There were more uphill climbs than I expected though, but I took a break and got a picture with a giant rock.
Together the group of us made it into Utah! i thought this new state would be flatter, but I was deceived. 
It was fight to climb a 9% grade hill rift before lunch. I've never eaten a peanut butter banana sandwich so fast! After lunch there was another 3 miles of climbing, and we made it to 7700 feet. It was a pretty tiring 85 mile day, but the land I have seen is unlike any I have another seen before. It's amazing how these canyons formed so many years ago.
Now that I'm in Moab I'm ready got build with an organization that constructs straw and clay homes. It should be an interesting day!

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment