Monday, August 12, 2013

The Best Nine: Day 9: Sparks, Nevada

It was the last day of the Best Nine. It was just 80 miles between me and my destination. The host cooked us an awesome breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon this morning! They were extremely appreciative of what Bike & Build does. I started off this morning with Vant, Hannah, and Eric. We played games for the first twenty miles.
I was feeling goofy at the top of one of our climbs. For the next twenty miles the four of us did some pace lining. For the last 5 miles we had a 10 person pace line. It felt like we were taking over the Nevada roads. After lunch Vant and I took on the last few miles of Route 50. I was so happy to turn onto another road, but it was just one long hill. After a snack break we made it to the top of Geiger Pass!
We climbed 2800 feet over 11 miles. The descent was spectacular. It was just 8 miles of easy riding. The sight of Reno was amazing.
Biking through Reno was awesome because there were bike lanes and beautiful houses. It's nice to finally be in an actual city! After arriving at the host, we took a 15 mile van ride to the California border to meet up with Maya. Maya has to leave the trip early because she is going to grad school in Norway! A few other riders rode with her also. I decided to take a break from riding so I could cheer her on.

It's been a hard, fast, nine days of riding. I can't believe I've gone 760 miles in the past nine days! Our second to last build day is tomorrow. I'm ready. I love P2C.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment