Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bike Equipment on Cats

Hello again.  So I was about to go out for a ride yesterday when the valve on my tube decided to break off while I was pumping air into it.  I have never actually changed a tire, but I decided it was time to give it  a whirl.  I recently bought  a tire lever, this angelic pink tool that makes repairing a flat ten times easier. 

My brother's name is Peter. I call him Pedro.
     If you're reading this and you're not a cycling expert, you may not know that on road bikes, the tire itself is not blown up with air.  You have to pump air into these tubes, and if they get a little hole in them, you'll probably get a flat, which is terrible.
Check out my cat socks too.
    My brother had to rescue me on Christmas Eve because I got a flat in the middle of nowhere.  That's why I bought the tire lever that says Pedro on it.  Because my brother's name is Peter.  And he rescued me when I couldn't repair a flat.  So now that I can, I'm pretty proud of myself.  I also put the flat tube on my cat.  It doesn't have the same effect as yarn or catnip unfortunately.  I  need to do some research as to how I can go about recycling old tubes.  If you have any creative ideas, just let me know.

Since flats are pretty inevitable while biking across the country, I went to Syracuse Bicycle and purchased eight more tubes.  Thanks to a handy gift card I won at a triathlon,  I was able to get a pretty good deal.  Then I put those tubes in their boxes on my cat.  She started purring, so maybe she just likes bike tubes that aren't broken.
I call her Sadie Bontrager Lounsbury

Cats and hydration, pretty important.
I've also been acquiring a ton of other bike stuff for my journey.  I got a Camelbak for my birthday, and so I decided my other cat needed to model some bike equipment.  The purple color of the back pack, and the blue mouth piece really bring out Sassy's natural aura in my opinion.  But in all seriousness,  I know how important it will be stay hydrated this summer.  Biking through Midwest is going to be extremely hot, and so I plan on riding with the Camelbak soon so that I can get used to drinking from it.

In the next two weeks, I plan on doing 65 miles bike ride, hopefully around Skaneateles Lake.  I'm also trying to think of a few more creative ways to fundraise.  I will also be meeting a with the executive director of the Syracuse Habitat for Humanity to discuss how the affordable housing organization is run and who qualifies for a home.





Have a Happy Memorial Day Weekend!


 http://bikeandbuild.org/rider/6693

Click above link to Donate!

-Sarah Lounsbury


No comments:

Post a Comment