Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Icy days

So,  I was out for a nice run the other day, and I slipped on ice and broke my fibula.  This obviously hinders my ability to ride my bike!

I am in the process of ordering my new bike from Bokoo Bikes, and I am super stoked to receive it in the mail.  I am pretty sure it'll be the most magical package I have ever received.

Unfortunately the ice broke me pretty well because I must get surgery on Saturday to realign my leg and foot so that the bones grow back nicely.  I may just start drinking a gallon of milk a day.  In the meantime I am going to continue fundraising for my trip!  I hope to be on crutches for no more than six weeks.  So by mid-March, I am going to be fired up and back in the game.  I'll be ready to train!

I'm hoping that with school and other activities, I'll be able to stay busy, but I guess I should savor this downtime before my journey this summer begins.

Maybe I'll enter some crutching races.  I'll race people at the mall, at school, and at the supermarket.

I also hope that I'll be able to volunteer more with Habitat for Humanity, but I guess I'll just have to take everything day by day.

I want to thank several of my friends and their parents who donated too.  You guys are awesome, and I appreciate everything you've done for me!

I'll update this after I get all scalpeled apart.  Gotta keep movin'. Gotta keep riding in spirit.

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment